Friday, October 14, 2011

(Where Are The Sprinkles?)

Appropriately-dressed ice cream cones @ home in NY

I have a love for many things, and a few (OK, more than a few) are food-related. One thing that I simply cannot live without would be the sprinkle. Make that sprinkles, and lots of them, please. Keep your hot fudge, your whipped cream and cherry on top, and just coat me in sprinkles.


How sexy is that?

I used to love going to Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies in the Magic Kingdom and get a twist in a cone coated in rainbow sprinkles. I think the last time that I was able to do this was in February of 2005. Imagine my disappointment the next year when I went to order the usual, and was told, "we don't have sprinkles." WHAT WHAT WHAT?! Unacceptable.



I get it, Disney wants to keep the parks clean, and a melting ice cream cone covered in sprinkles is just bad news. We all know that the parks don't sell gum, and I understand why because some people just don't seem to understand how to use a garbage can (my Jiminy Cricket conscience always takes over when I think about tossing my gum outside, even when I'm not in Disney World). So I guess the thought of cleaning up a pile of sticky sprinkles melting on the pavement in the hot sun is just too much to take, and I get it. Alas, I am heartbroken. I mean seriously, how amazing would a Dole Whip taste covered in chocolate sprinkles? Yum. If you need me, I'll be in the kitchen with a spoon and a jar of sprinkles, sending Disney major sprinkle vibes. A girl can dream.

By the way Disney Divas, I found this really cool page all about candy coating your fingernails. Halloween ideas maybe?

Happy Sprinkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment