Monday, October 31, 2011

(Happy Halloween!)



It's my favorite holiday of the year, and no one does Halloween better than Disney! Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is a sweet treat for lovers of this autumn holiday, like myself. It's great for the kids, and you get to dress up in costume if you want - lots of people do, and many go all out!




On the other side of the Florida tourist pond, Universal Studios has the most amazing Halloween event (sorry Disney loyalists, I had to go there)! Universal's Halloween Horror Nights is adults-only fun; it's terrifying, and there are no costumes allowed! They offer many creative (albeit expensive) alcoholic drinks throughout the park - it really is a grown-up Halloween party. I really urge you to give this one a try - the costumes are professionally done by Universal's incredible makeup artists, and the results are realistically horrifying. Every year the theme changes - this year's theme was admittedly lame (Lady Luck, really?!) We will be attending both events next year, and I am really looking forward to what both parks have to offer.




So, it's Halloween...what kind of costume are you getting into today? J and I went to a comic-book themed party; I was Poison Ivy, he was Kick-Ass. We had a blast!

Send me your costume photos! I'd also love to hear your opinions on the best Halloween event in Orlando (or where you live!)

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment