Saturday, February 11, 2012

(Hats Off to You)

What is it about an Orlando vacation that drives us to try on all manner of hats? Even as a typical germaphobe, I lose all sense of how many heads each hat has undoubtedly graced, just to get that one photo that will forever live on my Facebook page. I, with the courage that typically only comes with the help of a liquid libation, run straight to the nearest, most wonderful hat and instantly throw it atop my head. It is from that point that I shout to my husband, "look at me, take my photo!" And, if I come to the conclusion that there are too many "hat photos" of yours truly, poor J must step in, and honor those vows that we spoke on our wedding day: "I promise to love and cherish you, and to take ridiculous, embarrassing pictures in Florida." Come to think of it, I wish that had really happened. Vow or not, he does manage to humor me on every trip. So without further ado, take a look at one fabulous hat photo collection:


2006, from left: then-MGM Studios; Epcot's Olympic chapeau; Mickey's Philharmagic; Epcot, again; Rainforest Cafe, Downtown Disney; Stitch's Great Escape! Magic Kingdom 


2007, from left: Team Mickey Athletic Club, Downtown Disney; Rainforest Cafe, Animal Kingdom; "Mexico," Epcot; Raglan Road, Downtown Disney


2008, both at Mickey's Star Traders


2009, from left: Epcot's Mexico; "Morocco," Epcot; Animal Kingdom


2010, top to bottom: World of Disney, Downtown Disney; Brown Derby Hat Shop, Universal Studios Orlando


2011, Disney Cruise Line, Mediterranean 

Do you have any fantastic and/or embarrassing hat photos? Send them on!

Happy chapeau-ing,

No comments:

Post a Comment