Monday, February 6, 2012

(Eli's Going to Disney World!)


My beloved NY Giants have gone and done it again! Today, Eli Manning will be cruising right down the middle of Main Street, U.S.A. in grand style.

This celebratory parade has been a tradition since Disney first started airing commercials featuring the popular phrase, "I'm going to Disney World!" Spoken after winning the big game, these players have not only been from the wonderful game of football, but also from other sports and American Idol.

The series was launched in 1987 with none other than NY Giants quarterback Phil Simms, after winning Super Bowl XXI.

While I have yet to find this year's commercial online, I am sure it won't be long before it blows up YouTube (to be posted here later). What's funny to note is that I saw the commercial for this first time while writing this blog entry only a few moments ago. I can't help but tear up just a bit when I hear those wonderful words.

Happy Celebrating!


No comments:

Post a Comment