Monday, July 18, 2011

(Movie Review: Oh Bother, It's Winnie the Pooh!)


We ventured to the movies this weekend to see Harry Potter, and ended up stopping in to see Winnie the Pooh directly after the Hogwart's finale. The movie only ran a short 63 minutes, so the time went by quickly and we weren't too tired from spending so much time in the theatre. 

From beginning to end, this movie kept us laughing. I'm not sure if it was Disney's goal to be outwardly funny, but I don't recall the Hundred Acre Wood ever being this comical. From Pooh's rumbling tummy to Piglet's naive antics, we were giggling quite a bit.

photo courtesy of Disney

I had no prior knowledge that Zooey Deschanel would be lending her voice, but would recognize her vocals anywhere. She sings the Winnie the Pooh theme song beautifully, along with some other great tunes. The music in the film was lively and fun, and the (many) children in the theatre were having a ball. 

While I cannot say that this new venture into the Hundred Acre Wood lives up to the classic that I grew up with, I can say that this is a movie with heart and will find its place among the Disney Classics for this and future generations to enjoy. I would highly recommend taking your little one (or just going yourself!) for this very short, very lovable feature. 

Happy Watching,


No comments:

Post a Comment